Welcome to this new column in the Testify Newspaper. We hope it enriches your Christian journey and lifts you above every limit. At the beginning of every year, most people start off with goals or a prophetic WORD. In this maiden edition of Beyond Limits in Testify, we will study how to stay focused on GOOD SUCCESS. Only by staying focused on what God placed on your heart and in your hands this year can you have good success. God will enable you to achieve whatever He called you to do, and He will commend you for it at the end.
Hebrews 12:1-3 “…since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us….”
This passage reveals THREE vital Truths:
1. THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS A RACE
Everyone has been enlisted in a specific race. There are eight things to note about the race:
• Rules: Nobody wins unless they know and contest according to the rules. We cannot run like he that beats the air!
• No standard formula or quick steps to success: Let no man deceive you, success is in daily obedience.
• Disencumber: We are to throw off every weight, confusing and conflicting agenda so we can run.
• No Spectating: We cannot afford to be spectators in our own race.
• Remove Bias: We are urged to remove anything that could blur our vision or prejudices on the track.
• Patience: We are to run our life race with endurance, it is not a sprint.
• Encouragement: We are reminded that there is a cloud of witnesses cheering us on.
• Relentlessness: Falling is not the end of the journey. We can Arise!
• Coach: The race we are called to requires staying close and hearing the Voice of your trainer, Jesus.
2. WE MUST KEEP OUR EYES ON JESUS
Some people refuse to run the race they are enlisted in because they fancy running other people’s sporting events. People who are not steadfast in focus make themselves judge and jury of other people’s races. It is said, that doves have no peripheral vision. Their eyes are always focused on what is in front of them, not sideways, ahead only.
David said in Psalm 27:4, “One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, …”
Jesus when visiting the house of Lazarus, Jesus told Martha (Luke10:41-42), “Martha Martha, you are careful and troubled about many things…But this one thing is needful.”
To keep our eyes on Jesus and stay focused we must watch out for distractions, misdirection and fatal attractions – these are triplet demons assigned against success!
3. JESUS IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH
When Jesus walked the earth, He didn’t choose to please himself, instead He followed the path laid down for Him by the Father. Heb 10:7 “Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come In the volume of the book it is written of Me To do Your will, O God’”
Three main principles can be deduced from this:
• Jesus did not make up His purpose. He came to do as it was written of Him from the foundation of the earth (Luke 4:17 – 19). Study God’s word and it will reveal where it is written concerning you! This year, may His will for you be revealed and may He order your steps, in Jesus name.
• God’s will resulted in the SACRIFICE of Jesus’ body. The journey towards Good Success will require: significant sacrifices, time, pleasure, and money, etc.
• Jesus said – “I come to do your will O God, a body you have prepared for me”. We were also prepared for good work, to be offered up; to be poured out for many as a drink offering.
The race is not just about starting; it’s about paying the price to stay focused to finish strong. Paul the Apostle said at the end of 2 Timothy 4:7, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith, now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness.” What a glorious finish.
May that be your portion too, in Jesus name!
By Pastor Wale Olulana
Pastor Wale Olulana is the Senior Pastor of Harmony Christian Centre, UK and Nigeria. He was commissioned by God to “restore and raise a people above all limits” in 1996 (As stated in Isaiah 58:12).
He is an Apostle of God, challenging Believers in Christ to rise up in the marketplace. Through his international crusades and Beyond Limits Media Outreach, he reaches thousands annually with the Word, leadership training, free medical services, food and clothing. There are many testimonies of the power of Christ at work through him.
Having received victory over a decade of barrenness with two miracle children, Pastor Wale and his wife carry a message of hope and restoration. He believes that “there is enough left in the mess for God to mold a better you!”
+ 44 208 597 1110
Harmony Christian Centre
23-27 Kemp Road
Dagenham RM8 1ST